photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

December 07, 2015

Welcome to our new co-blogger + more exciting news

Hello everyone! so you guys know I have been running this blog with my sister for the past four years or so, however school has officially taken up all her time and she has sadly had to back out. For months I've been running this blog on my own (as well as my youtube channel) but unfortunately with everything else going on in my life I just wasn't able to keep up. Which is why I finally decided to look for a co-blogger, and I'm happy to say that I found one and I honestly couldn't have asked for anyone better. So I would like to welcome Arshia to Maji Bookshelf!
Arshia will be posting a fantastic discussion post next week (guys I loved it), as well as will be reviewing and creating fun posts along with me! I suck at discussion posts guys, that's why you barely see them here so she honestly completes what I lack and I think we'll get along great!

Arshia, introduce yourself :)


Hello everyone! I am absolutely floored to be joining Juhina at her wonderful blog! I am also super nervous at talking about myself and after half an hour of agonizing over what to say, I've decided to spew out whatever comes to mind and roll with it.

1. I'm a Computer Science major. This means I spent an obscene amount of time drinking coffee, poring over code that refuses to do what I want it to do, and trying to improve conditions in the tech industry (where women are basically endangered species) to make them more inclusive to women and non-binary people.

2. I'm from Kashmir. For those who don't know, it's the northernmost part of India, bordering China, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. We have joint families, awesome music, a lot of snow, and very colourful clothes.

3. I read lot. I've once read 31 books in one month without even realizing it. It's a problem. I mostly read fantasy, but I'm branching out into adult, contemporary and the occasional non-fiction.

4. I cry a lot. You will be hard pressed to find an animated/disney movie I haven't wept over, and I don't think I'll ever be okay with what happened to Fred and Finnick to the point of me not turning into a sobbing mess when I read those parts in the books.

5. I also write. I have a physical journal that I write in, an online e-journal, and I write on Medium and LiveJournal. It's what I do to unwind, to make sense of my day and to de-stress. I don't post most of my serious writing because I'm always tweaking it, but some of it is on Medium and my daily ramblings go into LiveJournal which is a rambling, barely-spell-checked mess of my observations about life.

6. Melina Marchetta, Jane Austen, J. K. Rowling, L. M. Montgomery, and Sarah J. Maas have changed my life. Leslie Knope and Veronica Mars are my idols.

7. I am a mediocre and enthusiastic baker. Enthusiastic, because anything baked with chocolate in it excites me. Mediocre, because my mom is way way way better than me and also because baking fiascos involving forgotten ingredients and burnt cookies are kind of my thing.

8. I've never written an essay on literature. So I think in North American high schools, students study one book per semester and analyze it critically? I've always thought that's so cool. I didn't go to high school here and I never got to write essays on plays by Shakespeare or classic novels, and I really really want to. As soon as I'm half done with my CS degree, I plan to take as many creative writing courses involving essays and eight-page essays as possible.

9. I have a terrible track record for exercise. I once tried Couch to 5k and this is how far I got.

That's it from me. I have a very good feeling about this blogging thing and I can't wait to meet all of you!


Juhina: VERONICA MARS GUYS! that's it, this is going to be the perfect co-blogging experience EVER. 

I have been hinting on twitter that something exciting is upon us and that will be fully unveiled mid-december. However you'll be seeing more of Audris and Jacqueline from YA Bookmark on Maji Bookshelf and vice versa. Basically, sister blogs will become a thing. I am SO excited and we've been working really hard to make this work and we can't wait to start something new and different for all of us. 

That's all we got for today, please give a warm welcome to Arshia :)

6 comments:

  1. Glad everything worked out. Welcome Arshia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome and I can't wait to see all your posts. I LOVE fantasy and I always try to do work-outs; I start great and then it just slowly fizzles out. I can't wait to hear all about that exciting news. I'll keep my eyes on your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I guess I just need to find a way to consistently motivate myself, haha.

      Delete
  3. Welcome aboard Arshia! I've been following this blog for a long time now and I'm sure you'll make a wonderful addition to the team. I also ADORE Fantasy, Rowling, Maas and Montgomery have changed my life, I suck at sticking to exercise and I also consider myself a mediocre but enthusiastic baker...as well as quite sensitive :) I can't wait for your first blog post :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When this post went up I jumped around the apartment yelling MY WORDS ARE ON THE INTERNET so to say that I'm excited for my first review to be up is an understatement haha. If you love Rowling and Maas, you *must* try out Marchetta!

      Delete
  4. Aw, yay :D So glad you managed to find a new co-blogger. <3 You sound awesome Arshia :D Looking forward to both of your posts. <3

    ReplyDelete