1. Putting off a book because you were so excited for it that you just end up staring at it for weeks.
Have you ever gotten that new release/sequel,etc. that you were super excited to read but then once you had it, you just didn't read it whether this was because of hype, nervousness, or you just didn't want it to be over?
2. When your brain is 99% book related things and you are asked a non-bookish question.
With all off the titles, authors, releases dates, series orders, it's a little hard to memorize everything that is not book related.
"Uhh... yea.. sure.. SO, did you hear about the cover change of this series? how dare they right?"
3. Going back and forth on whether to buy a book while at the store.
"I mean, I really want it. The cover is gorgeous and I think it'll be good but it's so expensive. Let me check the reviews. Eh, they're mediocre. But I think I will enjoy it. AH. What to do?"
Don't they understand you just reached the ever awaited climax of your book? The part you've been waiting for! GEEZ.
This book looks good. Ooh, beautiful cover! Hmm, this one is that book everyone has been talking about. Oh wait, there's that new release that just came out! There's the sequel to that book I read last week. So many decisions..... Or, I could just take them all home! Let's do that.
Well....... about that.. Uhm, yeah. I like reading? Fictional characters and worlds. Basically anything fictional. Yup.
7. When you see someone across the room dog ear their pages.
This doesn't affect all people but for some, when they see this, their soul shatters into a billion (and one) pieces.
"Would you ever tattoo your kid with his class schedule? no? so why would you permanently leave a mark on this precious baby?"
8. When you read that really emotional part of your book and family and friends decide to interrupt.
They always have impeccable timing, don't they?
"Hey, you want to...." sees all the tears and emotions on my face "..... I'll... come later"
9. When the release date of one of your most anticipated releases has FINALLY arrived.
'Admit it, you've had a countdown on your phone for this book ever since it was first put onto Goodreads.'
'When the workers at the bookstores treat you like a drug addict and nicely tell you many times over the many trips you took a week before the release that no.. the book has not yet been released early.... it will release on the exact release date'
10. When this is your #relationshipgoals.
You know you've wished for this at least once. Once a day.....
First question for any potential suitor/guy "So.... do you like to read?... and the answer will be a make it or break it for the future of us by the way" #sorrynotsorry