photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

October 08, 2011

TOP TEN TUESDAY (1) - Juhina


Top Ten Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read But Me

Top Ten Tuesday: the weekly meme hosted by the lovely bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish.
______________________________
1. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins: let me just tell you, this book has even been in my dreams; that’s how much ive been dying to read it, what keeps me going is that i’m finally in the month of its release (9 more days left!). Stephanie Perkings, your books have become my addiction.
_________________________________
2. Matched by Ally Condie: I know i know, how could i have NOT read it? 1. the cover is pretty, and you all know THAT could bump a book pretty high in my TBR list. 2. the synopsis is WICKED. So why not? I think its because i saw a “trailer” and they basically showed the faces of the characters in the book. This bugs me ALOT since i always enjoy the freedom of imagining the character’s faces. Enough time passed and i forgot how they look so ill pick it up soon.____________________________________________”
3. Forbiddenby Tabitha Suzume: Honestly the synopsis makes me scared to read it. I guess right now i don’t want to feel sympathetic towards the characters’ love since its basically incest and feels wrong. However at the same time its only a novel and the book is very intriguing and its been getting raving reviews. I need to man up and read it!
__________________________________________________
4. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead: Ever since i read twilight a couple of years back (back when fans weren’t going crazy over robert pattinson or Taylor Lautner) i’ve LOVED vampires but an unfortunate read of an unmentioned vampire book made me hate all things vampirish. But i need to rectify the situation and im hoping the Vampire Academy will do that.__________________________________________
5. Looking for Alaskaby John Green: I know, i know.. this book should be a reading 101 book and i can’t graduate to independent reading without finishing this. I just haven’t enjoyed that many books written solely from a male’s point of view. *puts it on the long TBR list*
__________________________________________
6. Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbit: I’m embarrassed to even write that i haven’t read this. My classics department is very lacking, i’ve got this and the hobbits, the giver, and others on my ASAP TBR list.________________________________________
7. The girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson: oh the hype! this book has gotten here and on the blogging community. It was in every book store i went to, i vaguely recall reading the synopsis but put it down and forgot about it. I honestly don’t even remember what its about._______________________________________________
8. Forever (book3 in Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy) by Maggie Stiefvater: Its the third book in the trilogy, what am i waiting for? fear of disappointment my friends trumps all. I am scared the third book would break my heart. The second book cracked my heart but i knew there was a third book to do damage control so i wasn’t that worried, this time.. oh boy.
____________________________________
9. Firelight by Sophie Jordan: I’ve been spazzing about how BEAUTIFUL the covers for firelight and vanish, and dragons?! really? those are awesome since ive loved them ever since Harry Potter and the goblet of fire. Why haven’t i read it yet? i’m asking my self that same question now.____________________________________
10. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher: we already know the girl committed suicide from the synopsis. How can this book NOT stomp on my heart? its inevitable, and lately ive been gaurding my heart from any pain so i haven’t had the guts or strength to start reading it (yes, books have this much power over me). I’m hoping i’ll get to read it soon, because not reading it would be a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment