photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

October 16, 2011

Review: "New Moon" by Stephenie Meyer - Farah



Title: New Moon

Author: Stephenie Meyer
My rating: ★★★★★


Synopsis (via goodread)

Shoot, I muttered when the paper sliced my finger; I pulled it out to examine the damage. A single drop of blood oozed from the tiny cut.It all happened very quickly then.Edward threw himself at me, flinging me back across the table...I tumbled down to the floor by the piano, with my arms thrown out instinctively to catch my fall, into the jagged shards of glass. I felt the searing, stinging pain that ran from my wrist to the crease inside my elbow. Dazed and disoriented, I looked up from the bright red blood pulsing out of my arm-into the fevered eyes of the six suddenly ravenous vampires.Legions of readers entranced by Twilight are hungry for more and they won't be disappointed. 


In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural twist. The "star-crossed" lovers theme continues as Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires, the Volturi. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.



My Review:


This is the second book of the Twilight Saga, and honestly, i loved it more than the first book. New Moon took alot of time from me to finish. I just would stop it, read another book, then read some of it, then stop it again, then read another book, and so on. But now, i read over 300 pages in 2 days. I LOVED it. I loved it at the beginning too, it was just that i felt lazy to continue reading it. 
If you havent read the first book, i advise you not to continue reading, in case i might spoil anything for you. 
What i loved about this book, is how Jacob had a HUGE part. Im Team Jacob, and i just love Jacob, and i was so excited throughout the book because all of the time i was reading about him and Bella. It was different than the first book because this time, it wasnt all about the Vampires. It was more about the (SPOILER) were-wolves. Which i LOVED. Gaah i imagine them to be so hot in my head.  
What kind of bored me out, was how loooong it took for Edward to show up. I mean, everybody obviously knew he was going to come back, but it took soo long. So it kind of pissed me off when i read how depressed Bella was over and over again. 
After Edward does show up, maaan it was ADDICTING! The book was sooo exciting and i just couldnt put it down. So i rated this book a 5 because, i really did truly love it. Overall, it was an amazing book, and if u havent read or started the Twilight Saga, you should ;)
Happy Reading <3

2 comments:

  1. I really loved this book. As much as I hated the fact that Edward wasn't around...it was done well. I definitely felt Bella's sorrow. I kinda wished Edward's 'voice' had been real. I felt disappointment when Bella realized it was in her head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After having read the whole of the Twilight saga, I'm admittedly very against it. I don't like the message it gives or the poor writing style. BUT when I started, I actually enjoyed Twilight (despite the first page having a big big no-no where she makes an adverb out of a colour). I was actually kinda excited to read New Moon and see where it would lead. I soon wasn't that interested anymore. Once Edward walked out on her and we got a few chapters that were just the names of the months passing, I lost any remaining interest that had managed to linger. As I said, not the sort of message (that you need your man to live) that I appreciate. I'd have preferred Meyer showing Bella getting over Edward... and then he comes back, deciding he still wants her and she's not interested anymore cuz he walked and she wasn't going to waste her life pining after him.

    In my dreams.

    I agree though that Edward took too long to come back. Reading about Bella putting herself in dangerous situations just to hear his voice was both boring and verging on insanity! I skipped most of that and just found the bit where Edward comes back into the picture. It did get a bit better then.

    Glad that you enjoyed the book, though!

    ReplyDelete