photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

October 19, 2011

Review: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater - Juhina

Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)
Title: Forever (#3 Wolves of Mercy Falls)
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic, Inc. 
Release date: July 12, 2011
Source: ebook
My Rating: ★★★★

Synopsis (goodreads):
In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. InLinger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

My Review:

Forever was such an amazing book. I honestly didn’t expect it to be this good because I was disappointed in linger, even though I loved shiver. Funny thing is that at the beginning I hated how the trilogy is told from many people’s points of view. Cole, Isabel, Sam, Grace. All I cared about was Sam and Grace which is why I wasn’t happy with linger; but this book? I LOVED Cole and Isabel. They actually had back stories, and I just fell in love with Cole. How a rock star is scientist smart and tries to find a cure from werewolf-ism. I found the whole experimenting parts so interesting! I'm such a science nerd  so this was pretty awesome for me.

The characters here are more dynamic, more deep and 4 dimensional. They each had a meaningful story, a hidden secret, fear, longing, that made them more real and humane. That is why I truly enjoyed forever. Also, the connection and love between Grace and Sam can’t go unmentioned. Their love is so strong and pure; it’s hard to imagine such an unconditional love. I wished there was more into Grace’s story towards the end. There were many untied loose ends and also the ending is open ended. This might have annoyed me, I usually want closure!, but I feel it is very fitting for this book. Ending the book in a ‘happily ever after’ or ending it with a tragedy would just seem rushed and unsatisfactory, so I'm happy with the ending.

The wolves of Mercy Fall trilogy is definitely worth checking out if you enjoy paranormal books with a hint of romance! I’m sad this is the end of this trilogy but I’m also excited Maggie Stiefvater’s new book “The Scorpio Race” is out very soon! The synopsis is just crazy awesome, I can’t wait to read it! 

4 comments:

  1. I thought the ending was a little too open ended. I felt it just needed some sort of even to say that this part of their lives was over and they were starting on the unknown future. Other than that I loved the series. Cal and Isabel were so real. I almost liked their relationship better than Sam and Grace's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea i understand what you mean, i hoped they wrapped it up a bit, but its still better than many of the rushed endings some books do. And i agree! i actually really liked Cole and Isabel more than Sam and Grace in this book which was SUCH a contrast to how i felt in linger!

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to linger over this book. It was a good ending to a novel. Not rushed which has been one of my pet peeves. I didn't want to leave this world.

    ReplyDelete