photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

October 02, 2015

Review: The Vintage Coloring Book


The Vintage Coloring Book: Gorgeous Vintage Designs to Make Your Own

Title: The Vintage Coloring Book
Publisher: Raincoast Canada
Publication date: September 1, 2015 
Genre(s): Coloring book
Source: Publisher
Format: Paperback
Pages: 256
Kick-start your creativity with this coloring book for adults! Pencils, crayons, markers, or paint—whatever medium you choose, you can illuminate a beautiful piece of art with the use of color palettes and your inner interior designer. Gorgeous vintage patterns with swirls and angles make each page an interesting adventure. Use these designs as inspiration for stenciling, crafts, or even tattoos! Coloring can be relaxing and meditative, so get out your art supplies and enjoy! 

I have to admit and say I totally fell for this colouring book hype that emerged lately. I'm not artistically gifted so I always loved colouring so I jumped at the chance to review this colouring book, especially since it says vintage and I love the designs and patterns on anything vintage. I skimmed through the book and I must say I liked alot of the patterns on the pages, some were much more appealing to me than others and there's a pretty big number of these designs.. this is a book that will take you around four months to complete if you do one page a day (one design is found in every two pages). So I really wanted to get to it and I began my journey of hand cramping but satisfying beautiful coloured photos. 
I initially started with the design on the bottom left photo... unfortunately this particular photo had no concept of solid lines.. everything merged together and there was no distinction between when one thing ended and another started... so I gave up on it and started doing the design on the bottom right corner. I have to admit that I really liked how that turned out. All the mixing of colours was just so pretty.. I was afraid that I was just messing it up but you know what? that's the whole point.. colour with whatever colours you feel, there is no right or wrong. I quite like how colourful it is and I now truly believe in art therapy. 
I would recommend colouring books for people who have coloured and had an interest in it, I would also recommend this specific book but I must say a lot of the designs do not interest me at all and some of them were quite boring, however every couple of pages you get a beautiful design like the one I coloured completely and I'm happy I have this book for whenever I feel like colouring and taking a break from what I usually do. 

3 comments:

  1. I also have a couple of coloring books. I love it :) It's such an easy escape. These designs don't really look like something for me though, although I love the one you colored in on the right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God I'm obsessed with these haha. I have five I think. When work asked me today if I would come in for a couple of hours tomorrow, I told them I was going to be busy sleeping and then colouring. They laughed at me but I was definitely not joking haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! This is so so so pretty! I definitely want to check out this one, I know I would love it! :D Great pictures and coloring!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete