photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

July 18, 2015

Review: P.S I Still Love You by Jenny Han


Title: P.S. I Still Love You (To All The Boys I've Loved Before, #2)

Author: Jenny Han
Publisher: Simon & Schuster 
Publication date: May 26, 2015 
Genre(s): Young Adult (Contemporary)
Source: Bought
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 337
Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?

In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.
The most anticipated sequel of 2015 was this book for so many readers out there. I still remember when Lobna, Juhina, and I ran into Chapters and legitimately snatched copies for ourselves like a bunch of hooligans (we thought there might be only one... funny). My sister and I immediately picked it up and started reading it the day of. I am happy to say, Jenny Han I love you, and thank you for delivering such an amazing book yet once again. P.S. I Still Love You was not a disappointment, which somehow always seems to happen with sequels. Jenny Han brings up all of what I love in contemporary books. The girly-ness and the love letters and the drama, what could a girl want more than that? Also -- gorgeous cover, once again. 
Lara Jean, oh Lara Jean how I've missed you. I completely love Lara Jean because no matter what, she always seems so real to me. Being a girl myself, (yes guys I'm a girl... if you didn't already know that), I was able to relate to Lara Jean and was completely able to understand her actions and decisions. I'm trying hard to keep this spoiler free for those who haven't read To All The Boys I've Loved Before, but I doubt anyone who didn't read the first book would read this review anyways. I love Peter you guys. I just really really like him, and yes I've had my bumps and doubts with him, but he's seriously such a guy (which is a synonym for jerk btw)... joke. This book may talk about Lara Jean being in love with two boys, but hey guys that doesn't really happen till midway through the book, which isn't a bad thing but just saying. I completely thought this book would be your typical love triangle BUT be aware, Jenny Han really did end up going through another direction. There was just so many feels in this book, and I can't even imagine what will happen in the third book. 
If you haven't started this series yet:
A. You shouldn't really be reading this review... but that's ok    
B. You should stop reading this and go pick yourself a copy because I JUST LOVE THESE BOOKS SO SO MUCH.
Thank you Jenny Han.


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you ended up liking this one too Farah! I was super nervous picking it up, as a lot of books that I had high hopes for kind of fell flat for me, but I'm glad that this was not the case with this book. And of course I loved Peter so much! Lovely review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you like this book! Great review but I am a little underwhelmed by it though I still really like it. I wish there's more because I feel like it's a bit rushed. My loyalty stands... I go for Peter all the way even if he was a jerk. McClaren though is a pretty nice guy. A dream guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this yet, but I am just so glad that you weren't disappointed because I know that many were! This review just makes me so happy and it motivates me to finish rereading TATBILB so I can finally start this one! Amazing review and lovely photos, Farah! :)

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG
    Most recent posts: The Book Shelf Tag || Hermione Granger Doll

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I am really looking forward to reading this one. I loved the first book!

    Justin @ Justin's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete