photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

December 19, 2013

Review: Crash Into You by Katie McGarry

Title: Crash Into You 
Author: Katie McGarry
Publisher:
 Harlequin Teen
Publication date: November 26th, 2013

Genre(s): Young Adult (Contemporary)
Source: Publisher
Format: ARC
Pages: 474
The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.
I just love the Pushing The Limits companion novels. They're full of intense romance, and they're just great! I am glad to say that I loved this one too! We all know the tattooed stoner who is best friends with Noah and Beth, but we don't know his complete story. Crash Into You is Isaiah's story, along with a new character named Rachel. Rachel Young comes from a rich family. She has four other brothers, and has always been obedient and quiet. She does good at home, and doesn't bother anyone around her. Rachel's only secret is her immense love for cars. One day, getting herself into drag racing, she meets Isaiah. That's how the story evolves. I definitely loved the contrast between the two characters, and how different they are from each other. Rachel is just so soft and delicate, while Isaiah is the tough guy with the tattoos and piercings. 
Before starting this book, I have read reviews where people say that they didn't like the plot. I guess that the car racing and getting in trouble with Eric felt like it dragged on for a while, but I was glad that I didn't actually get bothered by it. I also loved the roles Rachel's brothers played in the overall story. They really reminded me of how my relationship with my brother is. Speaking of Rachel, I really liked her too! She is such a strong character, and despite having to carry so much pressure on her shoulders, she still managed to make her way through it all. I was happy that we really got to know so much about Isaiah. I never liked him much in the first two books, but now, I really do like him. He's such a caring guy despite his appearance. 
Overall, Crash Into You was a great book. We were able to see great friendships develop, great characters, and a great romance story. Compared to the other two, I don't know how I would rate this one. I guess I just loved all three in their own ways. If you haven't started Pushing the Limits, I really do recommend it to every contemporary loving fan out there! Also, I cannot believe the next one is about one of Rachel's brothers! I am so happy, and I cannot wait to get my hands on it! So excited! 


Other books by Katie McGarry:

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVED this book! The whole racing plot was actually one of my favorite plots! And you're right, all of Katie McGarry's books are completely lovable in their own ways. I was so annoyed with Isaiah in Dare You To, but I loved him in his own story! I totally agree with you about the next book too...I can't wait to read one about Rachel's brother! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you enjoyed this story Farah, I had read quite a few mixed reviews and how some weren't happy with Rachel's character. But I'm happy to see that this story didn't disappoint you in the slightest. Fab review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you liked this. I just loved this book. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a series that I still have yet to read, but I'm hoping to start it one day :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad of enjoyed this one! I think I was expecting a little too much from it and wound up being disappointed, but I still enjoyed the romance and am looking forward to West's tale. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy that you enjoyed this! I didn't like Isaiah when I read the earlier book but I changed my view after reading this one - can't wait to read West's story. :)

    ReplyDelete