photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

August 25, 2017

Marking the end of summer with Someone Else's Summer by Rachel Bateman

Someone Else's Summer
Someone Else's Summer by Rachel Bateman
Random House Canada, released on May 9th of 2017
For fans of road trips and contemporary novels 


Anna's always idolized her older sister, Storm. So when Storm dies in a tragic car accident on the night of her high school graduation, Anna is completely lost and her family is torn apart. That is, until she finds Storm's summer bucket list and decides to honor her sister by having the best summer ever—which includes taking an epic road trip to the coast from her sleepy Iowa town. Setting out to do everything on Storm's list along with her sisters best friend Cameron—the boy next door—who knew that Storm's dream summer would eventually lead to Anna's own self-discovery?

This was the perfect summer book I was looking for this summer. I sometimes go through phases where I just need a good contemporary that's heartfelt, emotional and has a great slow burning romance. This is exactly that. Someone Else's Life reminded me a lot of Amy and Roger's Epic Detour but it stood on its own.

The main character, Anna was very level headed. She was likeable and someone I would want as a friend. Granted, she was going through a heartbreak because she just lost her sister. Her love for her sister was so powerful, it made me teary eyed just thinking about their lost sisterhood and friendship. I love it when a writer is able to make me connect so much with the characters and Bateman did that. I loved the road trip and it was not boring at all (trust me, I've read some pretty boring road trip books out there). The person keeping her company was her sister's best friend, Cameron. I liked that the romance wasn't from the get go. This was about Anna and Storm, not Anna and Cameron. This was a self healing and discovery book and in the process if love came along, that's totally fine... which it did. It was a slow burn but once they realized their feelings, it got intense quick haha. Definitely a well written romance and book overall. I will be keeping my eyes out for any new books by Rachel, she made me cry for her characters so she's automatically on my "To check out" list from now on. 

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love summer contemporaries, especially when they explore an emotional topic. I'll definitely be on the lookout for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone Else's Summer is the perfect combination of self-discovery, romance, and road-tripping adventure. Grab this one for your beach bag.

    Zia
    Senior Living Seattle website

    ReplyDelete
  3. bermain poker dengan uang asli akan membuat anda mendapatkan keuntungan lebih mudah apalagi jika anda bermain poker di situs yang sudah banyak di percaya pemain dan menjadi pilihan akan lebih mudah dan lebih banyak anda mendapatkan keuntunganya, seperti IDN poker yang sudah di percaya banyak pemain dan menjadi pilihan banyak pemain untuk bermain dan mendapatkan keuntungan besar dengan mudah.
    https://www.charitychoice.co.uk/fundraiser/idnpokeruangasli88

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your good ideas.I was really inspired
    ភ្នាល់បាល់បក

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete