photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

April 28, 2015

Cook books review: My New Roots by Sarah Britton

Lately we've been requesting cook books from Random House Canada (See Juicing and Salad Love) and we are so in love with every single one we receive. Random House sure knows how to pick the books and package them beautifully, interior and exterior wise. This specific post will be about My New Roots by Sarah Britton which was released recently. 

The official title is: 

My New Roots: Inspired Plant-Based Recipes for Every Season


Sarah Britton is actually dubbed as the "Queen bee of the health blogs" and this book was inspired by her very popular 
blog. This book contains 100 plant based recipes and I can vouch that even though her ingredients are used by us 
everyday, her recipes turn them into something more delicious and unique. The book is divided into seasons, with 
summer split into early and late summer. I love how cook books are dividing their books in this way. Only one recipe 
was tried from this book but like I said, it was delicious


This is the final product! it is mostly made from lentils and itself on its own is so fulfilling even though it is 
technically just lentil soup. We just added a bit of friend onion garnish on top, but that was optional. 

I love the rustic feel of this recipe and I will definitely be doing this recipe again in the future. All the recipes are 
very healthy and there are many options such as vegetarian, vegan, and even gluten free options. I really want to 
try out the dessert section because there are some mouth watering ones I've tabbed for later. Also, my whole family 
loved this dish. 

BUY MY NEW ROOTS:

1 comment:

  1. WOW that looks so nice. Hoping you'll try some Asian recipes next.

    ReplyDelete