photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

October 01, 2014

October Reads: Thriller and Mystery Month

I've been sucking lately at reading my own books because I have too many review books. Which is why I tremendously cut back on my review requesting. It has finally paid off and I have maybe one or two review books for October to read! The rest of the month is my oyster! Since it is October and even at the Contemporary Lovers group the theme is scary-ish. I decided to read all my mystery/thriller books that I've been wanting to read for ages. Here is a list of all the books I am planning to read and then ones that I don't own but hope to buy/borrow and read in October

Gone GirlThe RuiningNearly Gone (Nearly Gone, #1)
Gone Girl: I recently bought Gone Girl because I've always been interested in reading it but time is running out because the movie is coming out in October. I have heard nothing but amazing reviews about it and I'm ready to finally pick up a Gillian Flynn mystery. 

The Ruining: This book.. I've been told will mess up with your head, in a major way. Every single person that read it, including my sister and my friend, loved it and thought it was 
unbelievably creepy.

Nearly Gone: A murder mystery with a math twist? my educational background side is so so intrigued by this and again, great reviews of it, especially from my sister.
Dangerous GirlsI Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1)Black Ice
Dangerous Girls: This book! Literally every single person has recommended it to me. I started recommending it to people in need of a good book that screws up with their mind and I haven't even read it yet! I unfortunately was spoiled for the ending (by accident), so I wanted to give it a couple of months before picking it up. I *almost* bought it two days ago but I have too many books so I might hold off this until the end of the month then buy the gorgeous new paperback! 

I Hunt Killers: This isn't something I would read in a million years. I hate hate hate gore. I stay away from anything gore-esque and unfortunately this book has that. The Contemporary Lovers group chose this book (based on a poll) so I am going to have to read it. My plan is to skip on any gory scenes and to never eat anything while reading it.

Black Ice: I don't know if I'm cheating but Black Ice is actually a review book. However it is mystery and I'm so excited to pick it up. This will probably be the first book I read from this batch.
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)
The last two are the Mara Dyer trilogy, or at least the first two books. I would like to reread these two in preparation for The Retribution of Mara Dyer. You guys, I have waited for almost 20 months for Retribution.. the wait was so torturous. I am so so scared for the last book and how she's planning on wrapping up the whole trilogy. This is one of my favorite series ever <3

??????????????????????

Which books are you planning on reading for the month of October?
 

10 comments:

  1. I have The Ruining on my TBR pile. Now would be a good time to read it. In my opinion Gone Girl was good, but not as good as all the hype made it out to be. I love the Mara Dyer books! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay :D Awesome post sweetie. <3 I hope you will get to read all of these books :D And that you will love them too. <3 Sigh. I also need to re-read Mara Dyer. But only after I have gotten the third one and peeked like crazy, lol :D I must know if it is worth it. Sigh. ANYWAY. Lots of awesome books :D So excited for Black Ice too. <3 I'm re-reading Hemlock next :D so that I can read Thornhill and Willowgrove via Edelweiss. <3 so excited. Happy reading Juhina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juhina, you have a great stack of books to get through this month! I read and loved Gone Girl, I had an early start the next day, but ended up staying until 1pm reading it, I can't wait to see how you get on with it! I also need to get to my copies of Dangerous Girls and Black Ice, do let me know if you want to buddy read any of these together! Happy reading! Also I'm loving your blog update, it looks pretty neat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you don't like gore but I HUNT KILLERS is perfection! Seriously, it's what all YA murder mysteries should aim for. READ IT. I have Nearly Gone but haven't cracked it yet, I hope I can keep up, I'm terrible with math!

    And Gone Girl is crazy. Read it before you see the movie. It's....just crazy.

    Amber Elise @Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to check out Gone girl. I saw the trailer for the movie and I liked it. The unbecoming of Mara Dyer was pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping to read Gone Girl too, it seems like everyone loves it! Dangerous Girls is outstanding - I had the twist spoiled for me before I started reading, but I still found it to be incredible. I need to catch up on Mara Dyer, because the last is almost here!

    Hope you enjoy them all :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gone Girl is so effed up! In a good way haha. It's one of those WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON books.
    Dangerous Girls is really amazing too! Dayum, the plot twists in that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, other than dangerous girls cover, the rest look kinda "creepy", "dark" and very October. Haha. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so pleased that my latest release 'The Deepest Dark' was featured in The Big Thrill Magazine, right alongside James Patterson. Just had to share. http://www.thebigthrill.org/2014/08/the-deepest-dark-by-joan-hall-hovey-2/

    Joan
    www.joanhallhovey.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meant to include that I've read everything by Jillian Flynn, and love all her books. My next read though will be something by Joe Hill. By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain possibly. I like the cover. I think his writing is definitely influenced by his dad, Stephen King, but he has his own voice and style, despite it. I really enjoy his work; it's so original and resonates with you.

    ReplyDelete