photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

May 19, 2014

Review: The Treatment by Suzanne Young


Title: The Treatment (The Program, #2)
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication date: April 29th, 2014
Genre(s): Young Adult (Sci-Fi/Dystopia) 
Source: Publisher
Format: ARC
Pages: 352

Can Sloane and James survive the lies and secrets surrounding them, or will The Program claim them in the end? Find out in this sequel to The Program, which Publishers Weekly called “chilling and suspenseful.”

How do you stop an epidemic?

Sloane and James are on the run after barely surviving the suicide epidemic and The Program. But they’re not out of danger. Huge pieces of their memories are still missing, and although Sloane and James have found their way back to each other, The Program isn’t ready to let them go.

Escaping with a group of troubled rebels, Sloane and James will have to figure out who they can trust, and how to take down The Program. But for as far as they’ve come, there’s still a lot Sloane and James can’t remember. The key to unlocking their past lies with the Treatment—a pill that can bring back forgotten memories, but at a high cost. And there’s only one dose.

Ultimately when the stakes are at their highest, can Sloane and James survive the many lies and secrets surrounding them, or will The Program claim them in the end?
*spoiler if not have read The Program* 
The Program, the first book in this duology, was one of my all time favorite books. I read it in one day, and I just couldn't stop reading. The Treatment is the second, and final book in this duology. After I finished reading The Program, I immediatly wanted to get my hands on The Treatment. The Program ended in a way that is expected in any dystopian book, and I wasn't upset by that, but I really wanted to know what happened next in their journey! Sloane and James are now on the run, and when half of the country knows you are wanted and know how you look like, how do you manage to stay safe from The Program?
Sloane and James are probably really high up on the list of my favorite characters. I REALLY like them, and I feel like their "chemistry" is real. It's one of those relationships that are very mature, and seem like so much more than just a crush or whatnot. Sloane and James aside, this book started off really slow for me. I wanted more, and I felt like the book was just on pause. Yea, a few characters were introduced, a few things happened, but I just wanted to feel that THRILL that I felt whilst reading The Program. Also, that seems like a problem I always face reading dystopian books. The first in a series is always action packed and crazy, but then everything tones down later. I still kept on reading though, hoping and praying that the book would  get better. AND IT DID! IT DID AND IT WAS CRAZY! Oh boy. It went from 0 to 180 degrees, and my heart and the feels and *BREATHE*. 
I am REALLY so happy that this book did not disappoint me. This duology will forever remain in my heart, and is one of my favorite dystopian series out there. I will forever continue to recommend this book to friends and family. The ending broke my heart (in a good way) and I was SO sad to part ways with the amazing characters I met. Suzanne Young really did a fantastic job with these characters and this plot.

6 comments:

  1. I read The Program a while back and it was an okay read for me. I have a copy of this one, and after reading your review, I am a little more excited to read it. It sounds like it is a whole lot better, and that makes me happy to know. Great review, I am glad you love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't love the first one like so many but I'd still like to read this sequel especially knowing it's a duology - which I just realized a week ago. Even with a slow start it sounds like once it gets going it's completely worth it! I love that bc it kind of creeps up on you, you know! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adored this one too. I also felt like it was really slow to start but it sure did take off after a while. Glad you were not disappointed with this one.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear this series had a satisfying and exciting conclusion, Farah! Wonderful review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read the first one in this series but I'm so happy that the sequel was this good. Reading sequels can be really scary but I guess that Suzanne did a great job. So happy you enjoyed it and great review, Farah :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't red the first one, but I have it :) I'm glad you liked it! I need to hurry and get on with it reading The Program!

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    ReplyDelete