photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

August 14, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (40) - Side Effects May Vary


Side Effects May Vary by July Murphy
Publication Date: March 18th, 2013
Publisher: HarperCollins  
Find on: Goodreads
What if you’d been living your life as if you were dying—only to find out that you had your whole future ahead of you?

When sixteen-year-old Alice is diagnosed with leukemia, her prognosis is grim. To maximize the time she does have, she vows to spend her final months righting wrongs—however she sees fit. She convinces her friend Harvey, whom she knows has always had feelings for her, to help her with a crazy bucket list that’s as much about revenge (humiliating her ex-boyfriend and getting back at her arch nemesis) as it is about hope (doing something unexpectedly kind for a stranger and reliving some childhood memories). But just when Alice’s scores are settled, she goes into remission.

Now Alice is forced to face the consequences of all that she’s said and done, as well as her true feelings for Harvey. But has she done irreparable damage to the people around her, and to the one person who matters most? 
Side Effects May Vary sounds like it would be a hilarious novel, despite it talking about cancer. I already love Alice, and I cannot wait to find out what type of revenge she is plotting, what good deeds she'll do, and so on! I'm a sucker for realistic fiction, so I hope I'll end up loving this one! - Farah 

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that showcases upcoming releases that we are excited about. 


12 comments:

  1. Great pick! Sounds like an awesome and fun book, even if a bit sad. Hope you'll love it when you get to read it :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one definitely sounds cool! All of those Harper winter titles... I can't wait to read them all! And Juhina, I see you're reading The Burning Sky. I LOVED that book! :D

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen a lot of new books lately focusing on bucket lists, and I have to admit I want them all! I hadn't heard of this book before, so thank you for putting it on my radar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this one. I've already been hearing people talk about it and everything I've heard has been fabulous. Great pick!

    Katie @ Katie’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds suspiciously like The Probability of Miracles - which I was a big fan. Adding this to my to-watch pile.

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pick. I have't seen it before, and it does sounds like it will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooo this sounds like it could be good. I'm wondering how bad the fall out will be...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds really good! I think the cover is really cool too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick, Farah! I'm curious as to how things will turn out especially since the main character is dying.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really looking forward to this one as well! I love a good cancer story, too. Wonderful pick, Farah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like an interesting book, great WoW pick!
    -Scott Reads It

    ReplyDelete