photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

December 26, 2012

Which Cover is Calling For You? (6) - Fun in the Sun Edition


Hello lovely readers! Let me ask you a question. Have you ever picked up a book just by its cover? ok let me take a little bit further, have you ever picked up said book, was mesmerized by the cover and without looking at the synopsis you bought it? if you've said yes to the first or both questions then this post is for you! From time to time I am going to show you guys some YA titles along with their gorgeous covers and you guys let me know which one is your favorite. Of course each post will have a different theme so you will be able to compare between them!

                            Burning Golden
Gorgeous! I love Burning's hues of colors! The light sepia as well as the very simplistic background and the even simpler title font. This whole book screams contemporary and I love that the model's face isn't showing. This is a book I would definitely be interested in based on the cover! As for Golden, I love the the yellow sketches that are embedded behind the title and in front of the model. Also, the hair, and the sun, just gives a very summer-y feel. I also really love this cover

      My Life After Now When You Were Here
My Life After Now has the fiery red dress to contrast the sun and the glare. I love that the model is giving her back to us and the green is also a great contrast. When You Were Here is finally a cover with a male model! I also love the very light colors and simple author and title font. It creates a very pretty and irresistible cover!
 ------------------------ 
What do YOU guys think? Which one of these books would you zoom in on from far away and just rush over to stare at its beautiful cover and then buy? Vote below and let me know what you think in the comments section!

Which Fun in the Sun cover is calling for you?
  

------------------------ 

Last edition was the "For Art Lovers" Edition, and below are the results! 
WOW, it was a tie between THREE out of the FOUR covers! you guys couldn't make your mind up huh?





12 comments:

  1. These are definitely some new reads to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is a great idea,Maji!I'd definitely pick My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi-love all those bright colours!

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    Nuzaifa @ Say It With Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Burning. My Life After Now is pretty too. I prefer covers where you can't see the models face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like My Life After Now. It's one of those cover where I want to follow the girl to she where she is going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like My Life After Now :) I love these little posts both of you do!

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun to see BURNING here! I love this book's cover so much! Thank you for sharing it on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you've definitely described me in your opening paragraph, I've picked up a book because if it's gorgeous cover without reading the blurb countless times! I love all the covers you've shared with us. I haven't seen the Burning cover before, but My Life After Now is my definite favourite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These covers are all gorgeous, and I'm so thrilled to see MY LIFE AFTER NOW included! Thanks, everyone, for your nice words about my cover. I squealed when I first saw it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I totally love both Burning's and My Life After Now's covers! They are so gorgeous, both in slightly different ways. I totally agree about the light sepia thing for Burning, it has the coolest effect ever. And for My Life After Now, I love how it's a girl in a dress, but it's not your typical girl in a dress, it's so much different from those stereotypical covers! But, I love the fact that we can't see the girls' faces in either cover. I always like that so much better, because then I can imagine the character's face the way I want to, and that's pretty important for me.

    I haven't heard of any of these books before, besides Golden, so they're all going on my TBR for the gorgeous covers alone. ;) Thanks for sharing Juhina!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're all so pretty! As much as I love snow (and am looking at a lot of it currently) these covers have me wishing for summer already! I think Golden is my favorite thanks to the pretty floral pattern, but My Life After Now is a close second:):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the laidback feel of Burning, as if there is a slight breeze among the sunshine. The golden sketches on Golden add a little more detail and make it more interesting. My Life after Now looks so pretty, I love the way they've arranged the title and the model in the pretty red dress! And When You Were Here! I love it - mostly because there is a guy on the cover! Hehe ;)

    I'm having a difficult time choosing but I think My Life After Now has caught my eye the most! Thanks for sharing, Juhina <3

    ReplyDelete