photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

December 12, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (35) - Insomnia (The Night Walkers #1)


Insomnia by J.R. Johansson
Publication Date: June 8th, 2013
Publisher: Flux
Find on: GoodreadsAmazonB&N
It’s been four years since I slept, and I suspect it is killing me.

Instead of sleeping, Parker Chipp enters the dream of the last person he’s had eye contact with. He spends his nights crushed by other people’s fear and pain, by their disturbing secrets—and Parker can never have dreams of his own. The severe exhaustion is crippling him. If nothing changes, Parker could soon be facing psychosis and even death.

Then he meets Mia. Her dreams, calm and beautifully uncomplicated, allow him blissful rest that is utterly addictive. Parker starts going to bizarre lengths to catch Mia’s eye every day. Everyone at school thinks he’s gone over the edge, even his best friend. And when Mia is threatened by a true stalker, everyone thinks it’s Parker.

Suffering blackouts, Parker begins to wonder if he is turning into someone dangerous. What if the monster stalking Mia is him after all?
After just seeing the cover, this book immediately caught my attention. After reading the synopsis, it didn't just catch my attention, I felt like I NEEDED this!! Entering the dream of the LAST person he's had eye contact with, that sounds SO awesome! It's also from a guy's a POV, so that's gotta be interesting! What do YOU think? - Farah

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that showcases upcoming releases that we are excited about. 


    

26 comments:

  1. The cover is definitely the type to catch your attention :-)

    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blurb reminds me of The Machinist movie. I'm adding this to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is the scary cover! I haven't heard of this book before but it certainly sounds interesting! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creepy cover, but the synopsis sounds good!

    Thanks for stopping by and following :) I'm now following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great cover and sounds like a great story to go with it! at first i thought it would be about zombies (booo it wasnt!) but this still sounds interesting enough to be put on my list.
    Check out my Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The plot definitely sounds very original! I need this too. Thanks so much for bringing this to my radar. Great pick, Juhina and Farah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is new to me. The cover is so awesomely creepy... It made my eye hurt a little. *Going to go put this on my to read list now* Thanks for stopping by my WOW:) I followed back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THE COVER IS SOOOOO CREEPY ! *stays away* Sorry but I'm a scaredy cat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a creppy cover. I love it. This sounds awesome. I can't imagine not sleeping like that. I don't function without sleep at all. :). Great pick


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, this sounds so creepy! And look at that cover! *shudders*

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOh that looks scary good!

    Thanks for visiting and following my blog! I follow you now too!


    Have a GREAT day!

    NEW Follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just added this to me tbr! Sweet book :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very excited for this! I featured it last week. Would be interesting to see what other people dream about! But sounds like it makes Parker crazy.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes! This is the second blog I have seen with this. It sounds so good!!! I am looking forward to it too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That cover just creeped me out! I haven't heard of this one. Sounds pretty good though!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This seems to be a popular one today! I really like the cover and think the book description is brilliant too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woot! I'm a fan of guy POV books and Imsomnia is definitely on my to-read list! =D

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  19. I’ve never heard of this one but it sounds really awesome! I just added it to my TBR list.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds AWESOME. I love stuff to do with dreams and getting inside other people's heads, so I think I'm gonna really like this one!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hadn't heard of this one, it sounds good. Thanks for the suggestion. Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The cover is creepy and the book sounds awesome!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks AMAZING. Adding to my TBR. The blurb is super interesting and the cover is perfect.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for featuring INSOMNIA! :) So happy to see people excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The cover is eye catching and the synopsis is amazing.

    Jess@ Jessy's Bookends

    ReplyDelete