photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

November 05, 2012

Which Cover is Calling For You (5) - For Art Lovers

Hello lovely readers! Let me ask you a question. Have you ever picked up a book just by its cover? ok let me take a little bit further, have you ever picked up said book, was mesmerized by the cover and without looking at the synopsis you bought it? if you've said yes to the first or both questions then this post is for you! From time to time I am going to show you guys some YA titles along with their gorgeous covers and you guys let me know which one is your favorite. Of course each post will have a different theme so you will be able to compare between them!
ART

The artistry for INK is beautiful. I love this asian style painting, it is gorgeous. The Nightmare Affair is just eye catching, whether it is the white/black/purplish pink contrast or how creepy (graveyard!) yet beautiful the cover is

Doll Bones, oh man that is one scary cover if you look at that girl, but then you see the boat and ocean and people and you just know there is a good story behind. Lastly is Paper Valentine. I LOVE this cover. The tiny symbols and scratches that make her dress and the big red heart that is located where a person's heart is and the simple background. It all fits so well. 
Last edition was the Reflection Edition, and below are the results!


What do YOU guys think? Which one of these books would you zoom in on from far away and just rush over to stare at its beautiful cover and then buy? Vote below and let me know what you think in the comments section!
Which Cover is Calling For You? For ART Lovers
  
pollcode.com free polls 

14 comments:

  1. As a lover of art myself, I adore this post. :) My favourite is The Nightmare Affair, hands down. The contrast of violet and white is breathtaking, and the background is really lovely. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of them but especially The Nightmare Affair and Paper Valentine. I think Doll Bones is a great cover too especially for what the book is about and its intended audience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one that caught my eye...right away was The Nightmare Affair. I would definitely go and buy that without even reading the synopsis! LOL ;p The other covers are nice, but they just don't have the same affect on me. I agree with you though..Doll Bones is just creepy. I HATE puppets, dolls or things that stare at you without moving eyes.....*shudder* (reminds me of the movie Dead Silence....NEVER watch it!!!)

    Thanks for sharing this awesome post, ladies! :D

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paper Valentine is absolutely gorgeous! I'm not sure, but I suspect the cover art was done by Nekro, the Spanish artist who did The Space Between (also gorgeous), Tessa Gratton's Blood Magic and the beautiful House of Comarre covers by Kristen Painter.
    The others are pretty too, but my vote was for Paper Valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ink is gorgeous, but I think I'm going with Paper Valentine! I really like the graphic quality to it. All the covers for Brenna's books have been stunning:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your description at the top was so eerie as I felt it was totally describing me! I love the cover to The Nightmare Affair, the colour and image is so gorgeous. But for me I think my favourite would have to be Paper Valentine, it's absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing these pretty covers with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cover art! For me that is one reason I do pick up books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover of the Nightmare Affair and Paper Valentines! Plus their blurbs sounds really amazing too. But all of them really looks fantastic, I like the creepy and mysterious effect they give off. Thanks for sharing this, Farah and Juhina. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Doll Bones and Paper Valentine. They are fabulous. They are all great though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all these covers so it was a tough choice. It was down to Doll Bones and Paper Valentine, to me. Love this post ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ink and Doll bones. The covers are unique and colorful. I also look forward to read both books. Thanks for visiting our site. Love the theme of your blog! Blue like ours. Followed you.

    -Dannielle :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like them all, but Doll bones would definitely caught my eyes. It looks creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i havent read any of these.. have heard of them though... and just looking at the covers was tough. i went with paper valentines, but i really loved doll bones too ( yes super creppy) I LOVE THE WHOLE VOTING THING! you'll have to check out my blog next we , we do a cover wars post every now and then, and you will be able to vote which cover for the same book you like the best! anyways, this was awesome and so much fun! - Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete