photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

January 24, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (10) - Above


Above by Leah Bobet
Publication Date: April,1st, 2012
Publisher: Arthur A. Levine Books
Find on: Goodreads, Amazon, Book Depository


Matthew has loved Ariel from the moment he found her in the tunnels, her bee's wings falling away. They live in Safe, an underground refuge for those fleeing the city Above—like Whisper, who speaks to ghosts, and Jack Flash, who can shoot lightning from his fingers.

But one terrifying night, an old enemy invades Safe with an army of shadows, and only Matthew, Ariel, and a few friends escape Above. As Matthew unravels the mystery of Safe's history and the shadows' attack, he realizes he must find a way to remake his home—not just for himself, but for Ariel, who needs him more than ever before.
If it's a dystopian, we immediately love it. A story about bees? Sounds weird and interesting!! Would love to see the dystopian and paranormal themes mixed. Definitely a book on our TBR list!
What are you waiting on this wednesday? 


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that showcases upcoming releases that we are excited about. 

   

15 comments:

  1. same here
    i hope 2 read it soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds soo good! Not to mention that gorgeous cover. I'm excited to see the authors use of a bumble bee! Should be fun ^.^

    Angela @ The Little Blue Pig

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds really good. The cover is really pretty as well. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes weird, but like you said, interesting :-)

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely agree on the weird and interesting part. And shadows? Is there a necromancer or something here? Definitely adding this to my to read pile :D

    Drop by my Wow?
    http://www.tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-shooting-stars-by-allison.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really, really, want to read this one as well. I love Dystop- novels! Here is my pic! http://janieraeldridge.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-faery-tales.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I love a good dystopian novel. My WoW is CROAK.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, this sounds really good! Great pick.

    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm actually waiting for this one too! sounds really promising ;) can't wait for this book! Awesome pick!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I really can't wait to read this myself! I love it when genres cross over, too. :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahahah I'm the same way! LOVE dystopians! I can't wait to my copy of this one!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one sounds good, I love their powers! Have to check this one out, nice pick! :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha okay so that is so weird, I was gonna put this up this week but chose something else instead, so we're practically the same:P

    Great pick, love your blog, following now:)

    Fran
    BookChowDown

    ReplyDelete