photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

November 23, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (2)


Slide


Slide by Jill Hathaway
Publication date: March 21st, 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins

Vee Bell is certain of one irrefutable truth- her sister's friend Sophie didn't kill herself. She was murdered. 

Vee knows this because she was there. Everyone believes Vee is narcoleptic, but she doesn’t actually fall asleep during these episodes: When she passes out, she slides into somebody else’s mind and experiences the world through that person’s eyes. But nothing could have prepared Vee for what happens one October night when she slides into the mind of someone holding a bloody knife, standing over Sophie’s slashed body. 


Enmeshed in a terrifying web of secrets, lies, and danger and with no one to turn to, Vee must find a way to unmask the killer before he or she strikes again. 

This book sounds FANTASTIC!! We have always loved a good old mystery novel, but this one, WOW, the idea behind it is just amazing. We honestly can't wait for the release. This might be Juhina's most anticipated 2012 debut novel. Also isn't the cover just so pretty!?


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that showcases upcoming releases that we are excited about. 


8 comments:

  1. I read this through NetGalley it was really good, here's mine
    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to Slide too. It sounds like a really good book. Here's mine http://booklovingme.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-6-www-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE a good old fashioned murder mystery too! hehe I can't wait till this one comes out. Hadn't heard of it yet. Thank you! :) It's definately going on my most coveted list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo, this one sounds AWESOME. Great pick! I'd better check my TBR and make sure it's on there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I'm really looking forward to this one too! It looks awesome! Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was lucky enough to get a galley of this one, and I LOOOOVVVVEED it.

    It reminded me of a cross between WAKE by Lisa McMann, and a bit of Veronica Mars.

    I hope you love it as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've ran across this book a few times but haven't read any reviews. Sounds really good though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to a friend I have an UK ARC of this sitting on my shelf and really need to get to it soon. It sounds soooo amazing. :) Great pick!

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete